Having worked in senior digital marketing positions for 12 years, I know that marketing is a thrilling process, it’s exciting in that you’re bringing new services and products to the market and watching them grow. On a daily basis, marketers face 100 different challenges; challenges to the company’s reputation, to its sales, to its competitive position in the market, and so many more. Juggling them can be exhausting and even if you have a big team with all the resources you need, it’s easy to lose sight of the forest because all the trees seem to be towering over your head.
The reasons marketing departments or managers need a digital marketing consultant are varied and many, here are just 10 of them:
- Building a strategy and clear-cut targets.
- Gaining time by avoiding costly mistakes.
- Leveraging the consultant’s know-how and experience to your advantage.
- Having an expert sounding board to listen to your ideas, instead of a CEO or other top manager who has little experience in marketing.
- Coming up with new ideas to expand your existing marketing plans.
- In the digital market particularly, research is crucial for keeping up with the latest trends and new marketing products, but marketing managers rarely have time to do this research. A consultant can do this for you.
- Advice from a consultant is neutral and removed from office politics, the agenda is more clear.
- Digital marketing teams are made up of specialists who can cover small niches of any given marketing project, but a consultant can give you the big picture and point you in the right direction.
- Pinpointing weaknesses and recommending ways to improve them.
- You don’t have to manage a consultant, saving you time and money.
Contact me, digital marketing communications consultant Sarah Fenwick, today to learn more about how we can work together. My email address is email@example.com
Sarah Fenwick is the author of the e-book ‘How to be a Holistic Digital Marketer’ and worked in senior positions as a digital marketing expert before starting her own company Jazz Arts and Communications – a digital marketing consultancy and video production firm based in Cyprus.